Important Communiqué: South African Airways Accommodation Flights following Cyclone Berguitta in Mauritius
Date of Issue: Thursday, 18 January 2018
Subject: Mauritius - Cyclone Berguitta
South African Airways (SAA) advises all customers that the airline will resume operations between Johannesburg and Mauritius with effect from Friday, 19 January 2018.
This follows the suspension of services between the two countries as a result of adverse weather conditions associated with Cyclone Berguitta that affected SAA operations to and from Mauritius (MRU), Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport.
SAA will operate two wide body aircraft to Mauritius on Friday 19 January 2018 to accommodate as many passengers who have been affected by the cyclone Berguitta and could not travel. Resumed Schedule (all times local)
Friday, 19 January 2018
• SA3192 from Johannesburg (JNB) to Mauritius (MRU) – Departure 08h40 / Arrival 14h40
• SA3193 from Mauritius (MRU) to Johannesburg (JNB) – Departure 15h40 / Arrival 18h05
• SA 190 from Johannesburg (JNB) to Mauritius (MRU) – Departure 09h40 / Arrival 15h40
• SA 191 from Mauritius (MRU) to Johannesburg (JNB) – Departure 16h40 / Arrival 19h00
Assistance will be provided to all ticketed customers holding a South African Airways Ticket (only) via any SAA Call Centre, City Travel Office or dedicated Travel Agent subject to the conditions set out below.
Rebooking Conditions applicable
• Rebook onto another South African Airways flight for a later date at no extra charge onto the next available flight in the same or next available booking class
• Change of cabin will not be permitted
• Change of routing will not be permitted
• This policy is applicable to South African Airways flights only, issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines with the exception of our codeshare partner Air Mauritius (MK marketing - SA operated) ticket stock will be accepted when flights are shown on the MK ticket.
• Travel Agents are permitted to re-issue the tickets at no additional costs (NO ADC) and endorse the ticket with “INVOL RRTE DUE SA…. CXD CYCLONE BERGUITTA/DATE
• Tickets must be re-issued on or before 20 January 2018
• Travel must commence on or before 23 January 2018
South African Airways Call Centre Contact detailsSouth Africa
Johannesburg: +27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0861 606 606
• Port Louis | +230 202 6737
• Airport | + 230 603 5903
South African Airways apologises for the inconvenience and encourages all customers to visit our website www.flysaa.com for all flight updates. The supporting information will be updated on the Flight Status menu tab.
Next Update | Subject to any changes in the current weather conditions.
Reported by: Catherine Fleurant
28 September 2021 at 12:27:20